Sunday, January 13, 2008

Video Killed the Radio Star

Today was a super fun day filled with interesting things!

At first, I thought that mom and dad dragged me out of bed just to go buy textbooks (* yawn *), but it turned out that there was lots more than that. Of course, we DID buy some stinky textbooks, but that was really just the beginning.

On our way to Little 5 Points, we saw the most interesting thing... There was a TV sitting on a utility pole plastered with bands' posters and stickers. Yep - video must've killed the radio star.


Mom and dad went record shopping at Wax 'N Facts. They picked up classics such as Barry Manilow, Lionel Richie, and Herb Alpert on vinyl. They also found the new Pinback CD.

Then they stopped at Criminal Records so that mom could pick up an Unazukin and the latest Owly.

Unazukins are adorable little Japanese toy fairies that are like little Magic 8 Balls, but so much cuter! Auntie M gave me a cute little pink one, so mommy wanted to find one for herself. Daddy picked out this one because she's orange, which is his favorite color.

Our friend Jessica told mommy about Owly and she is now on her way to buying every issue for us to read together. Owly is a sweet and kind owl that makes the world a better place through kindness, friendship, and perseverance. What a wonderful and inspiring role model Owly is (not to mention cute)!


Then we went for lunch at Chef Liu. We had all kinds of yummy foods like onion cake and dumplings. We would eat there for every night if we could. Since it's too far away, mom and dad stocked up on frozen dumplings instead. Those are a nice substitute.

Later on that night, it was Zelda's turn to go out and she went with them to dad's company holiday party. Yep, they do their party in January! Interesting!

Mom and dad had a caricature done at the party by Lo'Vonia Parks.

Any of you ever wonder what mom and dad look like? Well, here they are!


I assure you, mom is not this pretty and dad is much more handsome.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Hugs and kisses to you all from all of us!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, mommy and daddy so sweet! They also know how to get out and have fun!

Your site is so fun! I just bought my first Blythe and someone told me to check out this site. I love the photos and outfits!

willynillywaterlily said...

Hi Linda!

Molli has such great adventures! You document them so well. Thank you for the heads up on Owly -- I have to check it out now. The book cover look so cute!

I also love the caricature of Molli's mommy and daddy. Loovee finally gets to see how her fairy godmother looks like!

Much aloha,
Rima, Loovee & Gachapin

Megumi said...

I didn't know that real Unazukins were that size...I will get more of them for you guys next time when I go back to Japan!

Ha ha ha! That picture is funny!! I have to say that your dad looks kind of like that(okay he face isn't as long as it is on that picture...but it still looks like him!)...but your mommy doesn't look anything like that! She looks so much cuter than that picture(^-^)! Maybe the artist wasn't good at drawing Asian faces or something...

Have a nice weekend!
M

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy!

Thanks! I definitely like to take the girls out with us. Greg mostly puts up with it. He he. :)

I'm so happy for you and your first Blythe Cassi! Can't wait to see pictures of her. :)


Hi Rima, Loovee, and Gachapin!

Owly is so adorable! A friend of mine told me about the books and Owly is just so sweet. I think you'll like it too!

Hee hee! That caricature really cracks me up. I love it. But I think the artist was very kind and complimentary to me. I was worried I was going to look like Ernie from Sesame Street. :D


Lots of love,
Linda

Molli said...

Hi Auntie M!

Ha ha. I already love the pink one you gave me! You shouldn't bring us more from Japan. You and Uncle Oidon guys are always so thoughtful and bring so much. You need to save room in your luggage for your fabric!

Daddy's head is so long and mommy's is so round. :D Hee hee!

See you soon!
Molli