There are days when you just have to make up words to describe things. Today was fiber-iffic!
Mom and I spent all day with mom's friends, talking fiber. No, not fiber of the Metamucil sort, but more like fabric and yarn. The two absolute best places in Atlanta for fabric and yarn are Intown Quilters and Knitch, and we went to both.
But, of course, friends were the highlight and essential part to the day. Mom got to see some of her goodest friends today and her throat is hoarse from talking nonstop (as she tends to do). I'm going to have to feed her some tea and honey. Tsk tsk.
Mom started off the day having a great time sewing drawstring pouches with Maita. Then, she and Jessica met up with Kristen at Intown Quilters to pick out fabric for some BlytheCon stuff, where Maita and Sarah showed up too! That wasn't the last that she saw of Maita and Sarah, because she and Jessica met up with June at Knitch and got to see Maita and Sarah there too! What fun!
Mom was inspired by some little sweaters she saw at Knitch and promised me she'd try to knit for me someday. Ha ha. When pigs fly! Mom knits backwards anyway, so I'm not going to hold my breath.
While I was trying on one of the little sweaters, mom snapped Picture 5/365 of the 365 Days Blythe Project. Sneaky mommy.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Fiber-iffic!
Posted by
Molli
at
12:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your photos. The doll is really cute and sweet!
Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex
Aloha Linda,
What a cute little Molli adventure to a yarn shop! How lucky that you know how to knit! That is one of the skills I have yet to pick up well. So far oddly shaped rectangles are all I can manage.
I have already started on your fuzzy bunny. I panicked a bit because I thought I was out of white yarn, but -- whew! Luckily, I found one last ball!
Hugs from Loovee to Molli!
--Rima
Hi Alexander - Thanks! I'm glad you like her. She's a fun doll.
Hi Rima - No no! I love yarn, but have yet to knit properly! I also only know how to make oddly shaped rectangles! We should swap scarves sometime so we can share a good laugh. :) I'm SO excited about the cute leetle fuzzy bunny! Wheee! Molli sends big hugs to Loovee.
Love,
Linda
Post a Comment