Zelda and I had a big day out with mom and dad today. We spent most of our time on the east side, in Decatur and stuff.
Mom is excited about our fall trip to Asheville in October and wants to make Zelda and I some outfits, so she dragged dad to Intown Quilters (the most fabulous quilting fabric store in Atlanta).
Intown Quilters carries all of the best quilting fabric lines around! The selection is amazing and the staff is so nice. The lady that checked us out even talked to mom about me for a bit. How nice!
Then mom and dad went to lunch at Udipi Cafe. Vegetarian Indian food rocks!
After getting their grub on, we headed over to Victory Vintage to check out their latest midcentury finds. Lots of fantastic furniture was on sale for Labor Day. Daddy had to pry mommy off a Danish sideboard.
They did buy something, though. Mommy bought daddy a neat-o vintage computer history book as an anniversary present. Yep - they're geeky like that.
After that, we went to the Decatur Book Festival to hang out with Auntie M, Uncle Oidon, Sakurako, and Kaede. They were there representing Tokyopop (their Pantheon High publisher) and also selling some of their work.
We hung out at the square...
And played on a trellis...
And checked out a hot dude at Heliotrope... (Don't tell Mortimer!)
And had our picture taken with the Target Dog...
He seemed friendly... Until he tried to eat Zelda!!!
After we pulled Zelda away from the Target Dog, we took a break for a snack ourselves...
But everyone got mad at me because I ate their share of the chicken nuggets. Zelda, Sakurako, and Kaede wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the afternoon. Hey ladies - you snooze you lose!!!
Mommy says I should be less of a piggy. She says I need to learn to share. Boo...
Fine... I shared mommy's S'Mores cupcakes with them... See? I can be a good girl!
If anyone wants to make S'Mores cupcakes of their own, here's mommy's recipe. (It'll be our secret!)
S'Mores Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Beat egg and egg yolk with brown sugar until smooth and light brown in color
- Mix in oil, vanilla extract, and sour cream
- Mix in graham cracker crumbs (do not overmix at this point)
- Spoon into 12 regular-sized foil cupcake liners
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes (use a toothpick to test for doneness)
- Set out to cool for at least 1 hour
7.5 oz jar Fluff
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt, superfine
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, for dusting (optional)
12 Hershey's milk chocolate miniatures, for decorating (optional)
- Cream butter until light and fluffy
- Sift confectioner's sugar and salt onto creamed butter
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Mix in Fluff and vanilla extract and whip together thoroughly
- Frost cooled cupcakes
- Dust with graham cracker crumbs, if desired
- Top with Hershey's milk chocolate miniatures, if desired
3 comments:
Hi Molli (and Zelda & Linda)!
Oo the fabric shop looks yummy. My mom used the pattern they mention on the quilt shop's website o the quilt she is working on. It was in a magazine. Neat-o that it came from near you!
If those girls was chicken nuggets they just need to learn to be faster. You're just toughening them up! It is a service!
I'm going to try to get my mom to make those cupcakes when she hosts Bunko...she'll need to practice first of course and I can help taste test.
Hugs
Gracie (and Becca)
ps...mom says that every time she thinks of Zelda's name it reminds her of this old show Dobie Gillis. She watches too much TV Land.
Thank you very much for coming and hang out with us!! We had a fun time!
I'm so glad that we took pictures with Bullseye!! He's a new Santa!
The cupcake was yummy(^-^)!!! Thanks again!
Molli,
You nearly gave mommy a heart attack when she saw you hanging upside down like that! She said all she could imagine was cracked heads and scratched faces! She is just a bug wuss.
Mommy already spends hours in that JoAnns place shopping for fabric...now that she knows about Intown Quilters I'll never see the end of it!! She always buys all this fabric that she falls in love with and then never uses it...its so dumb!
I'm jealous of your cupcake hats. I think ill have to trick my mom into buying one or 2!!!
Cant wait to see you next week!
XOXO,
Tory
(and emma over my sholder)
Post a Comment