Sunday, September 9, 2007

Guilty As Charged... of Loving Cupcakes!

Mom met her old friend Hieu for lunch today at Irwin Street Market and took Zelda and I along to meet him. Uncle Hieu's not actually "old" even though he does have a little bit of gray hair. They've just been friends for a LONG time.

Mom and Uncle Hieu met in college in 1998. They were in the same section of a computer science class. After recitation one night, it was raining and Uncle Hieu offered mom some space under his umbrella and that's how they met!

Since I was a bad girl and ate everyone's chicken nuggets last weekend, mom wouldn't let me have a cupcake today.

I am very sad about not getting any cupcake. Mommy says Uncle Hieu is a super guy, but he was stricter with cupcake control than the U.S. government can manage with border control.

When I tried to eat some of Uncle Hieu's Key Lime cupcake mom took it away! Boo.

Zelda got one of her own! Double boo.


While mom and Uncle Hieu gabbed on and on about stuff, Zelda and I played.

I jumped on the couches...


And Zelda played with her Etch-a-Sketch. She isn't that good at drawing with it, but she keeps trying anyway.

After that, Zelda and I spent the rest of the day at home with mom and dad. They spent most of the time cleaning, cooking, and doing laundry.

Grown-ups just don't know how to have fun!

However, mom DID take some time out to watch the film adaptation of Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution on PBS. If only they still made movies like that.

Ooooo - mom also made me a new dress! It took her 3 hours because she's a terrible sewer. Mom was inspired by a Puchi Collective pattern and Poohie's style, so my new dress is kind of her own interpretation of the two. It's a little like Gracie's dress.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So fashionable!

Great job, Linda! You are sooooo not a terrible sewer! Love it!

Kristen said...

Molli,
Don't worry...ill make my mommy bake you your very own batch of cupcakes.
And you dont have to share with anyone!!!
XOXO,
Tory

Megumi said...

Yay for your new outfit!! That's really cute(^-^)!

You're so not a terrible sewer, Linda! I love the mummy wrapper(ha ha ha!) and the head band that you made for me!! They are wonderful(^-^)!

Anonymous said...

Molli tell your mom that your new dress is fantastic! The little belt is a great addition.

I don't think I've seen Witness for the Prosecution yet but since I am a big Agatha Christie fan I need to see if Netflix has it.

Maybe if you are good you will get a cupcake next time. ^_^

-Becca

quiltparalegal said...

Oh, I just love your blog - I just acquired my first Blythe - Gentle River - and I have a feeling I'll become addicted. Where did you find all the cute items for your rooms? And the sewing patterns are just adorable - is there a website where you purchase these patterns? I spin, weave and knit and this is right up my alley.
Sue from Eau Claire, WI (USA)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue from Eau Claire!

Molli's mom, Linda, here.

Congrats on getting Gentle River! You will surely be hooked after a week. There is no going back at this point! Blythe is too cute to not love.

The furniture items are mostly Barbie and Re-ment.

Barbie can be easily spray-painted with Krylon Fusion. That makes it much more attractive. You can often find lots on Ebay and odds and ends at garage sales.

Re-ment is the ultimate for everything else. It can be bought in full boxed sets on HLJ.com. Catzia's (http://www.catzia.com/ReMent.htm) is a company I've used and liked for single sets. If you're on ThisIsBlythe.com, there are also lots of great finds in the Buy & Sell section.

There are many resources for patterns. I prefer the PuchiCollective ones. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. http://www.puchicollective.com/sewing-patterns/

Hope to see you on ThisIsBlythe!

Linda