Monday, June 11, 2007

Okonomiyaki Time!

The whole family went to hang out with Auntie M and Uncle Oidon today. We had a lot of fun together.

I mostly hung out with mom and Auntie M, but I watched dad and Uncle Oidon play go for a while. In one game, I think dad made a mistake because he yelled a lot and shuffled the pieces all over the board.

They ate carrots and pita chips with hummus while they played. Mom made the hummus, but it was not a very good batch this time. She didn't have any roasted garlic and used too much olive oil. Now, I have some mean garlic breath. Turbo and Ultra better watch out!

I went to hang out with mom and Auntie M while they crafted. Auntie M made me some super beautiful headbands that I can't wait to wear. One is especially pretty and lacy in the Lolita style.

Mom made me a shirt to wear to dinner. I needed to look presentable for the awesome okonomiyaki dinner that Auntie M prepared for us. We all really loved the food even though Auntie M thought that we were just being polite. Mom and dad have promised to make more okonomiyaki at home soon. Yay!

Afterwards, we all ate some cream cheese pound cake that mom made. Mom left it in the oven a little too long, but it still turned out OK. We ate it with strawberries and Cool Whip.

Man, we sure do love food. Mom and dad had to roll me home.

1 comment:

Megumi said...

Thank you for coming down here last Sunday!! We had a fun time!! Let's go Strawberry picking next time(^-^)!