Friday, December 28, 2007

Blame It On The Rain

"You can blame it on the rain.
But the rain don't mind and the rain don't care."
- Blame It On The Rain, Milli Vanilli

We're finally getting some rain in Atlanta and the electricity promptly went out!

Even in the dark, Zelda-pants manages to primp herself for going out to dinner with mom and dad. I don't have Zelda's primping skills, so I'm hiding with a case of crazy-cat-lady hair.


Since there was no electricity, mom and dad went out to dinner on Buford Highway. They had Vietnamese pho noodles. The perfect thing for a rainy, dreary night!

Afterwards, they had dessert at Mozart Bakery.


At Mozart Bakery, dad had a bubble honeydew smoothie and mom had a bubble iced coffee. Then they shared a cream-filled bun and a green bean pastry. They brought the pumpkin mandu home for me because they love me so much! Zelda is so health-conscious, she just posed for pictures.


I'll bet that if I hide Zelda's brush, I get to go next time!

4 comments:

Rebecca (SewPixie) said...

Hiya Molli! My mom runs around the house with crazy cat lady hair all weekend. When we ask if she is gonna fix herself up she just sticks her tongue out. Pffft people!

If the power goes out again you can always rearrange the furniture so Zelda trips over everything. Heehee

Sure looks like Atlanta has a lot of cool places to eat and shop.

-Gracie

willynillywaterlily said...

Happy Holidays Molli, Zelda, and Linda!

How neat that you have a bakery there that serves Asian sweets. I just love bubble drinks and bean pastries.

Oh, and sweet Zelda looks so pretty in that cheerful and vibrant dress.

Thank you for the kind words on Professor Owl. He seems to be quite the hit, so I think I will make one or two more when my shop opens up again. If you would like one, do let me know and I will put one aside special for you.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs from Loovee who has still not taken off her smashing mod dress.

Happy New Year to you all!

--Rima, Loovee and Gachapin

Gina M Smith said...

Your photography really is great- you always set up the perfect shot! Now, the green drink, I'm not too sure about that!

Gina

PS - Lilly keeps hitting my arm so she can say HI.

Molli said...

Hiya Gracie!

Your mom and I need to hang out. We could have a Battle of the Crazy Hair Days. That would be way sweet!

You are so genius! I will definitely have to rearrange Zelda's room some. My little sister could use a bad hair day or two.


Hi Rima, Loovee, and Gachapin!

We love Asian sweets and drinks too! Mom and dad tell me that they went to Ala Moana Center every day for lunch when they were in Oahu a couple years ago and had bubble tea for dessert after every meal. :)

Zelda is very happy with her new dress from Perline Design. The fabric has a pretty Japanese aesthetic, don't you think?

Oh yes, we want a Professor Owl very definitely! Mom has already asked dad to commission an amigurumi bunny from you for Valentine's Day. I can't wait for our plushie family to grow and grow!


Hi Gina and Lilly!

Mom says many thanks for compliments on her photography. I assure you that I would make a much better subject than either Zelda or the snacks. Hee!


Hugs to everyone! Happy New Year!!!

Molli (and Zelda and mommy Linda too)