The iconic Elvis died in August of 1977. Mom grew up listening to Aloha from Hawaii at least once a week because Gramma P was a huge fan.
Elvis was before my time, but mom and I are going to pay tribute to him this fall. Everyone will hear about it when it's all ready...
If we can pull it off, it's going to be fabulous - like peanut butter and banana sandwiches! We've already ordered a part of our project from Stephanie at SpunkyJunk. How exciting!
Mom and dad are working really hard on a new place for Zelda and I. They're finally done with all the sanding and have cleaned off most of the sawdust. Next up is painting!
It'll hopefully be big enough to be a townhouse. That would be great! Things are starting to get a little crowded in our temporary apartment.
So, on Friday, mom started sketching the plans for the layout of the new place. Yippee! Very exciting! The sketch is kinda sloppy, but that's OK. Mommies aren't always perfect.
On Saturday, mom went to the Intergalactic Bead Show to buy some beads for her fall/winter jewelry shows.
After the bead show, she stopped in at Irwin Street Market for a cupcake at Sweet Pockets. This time, she had a Cookies & Cream cupcake. How delish!
While she was there, mom also bought some rock scissor paper cards. She loves the mouse notebook that she bought from them at the Beehive Co-op last year.
Atlanta's craft scene is really growing these days and that's just the coolest! Crafty girls love Blythe and mom loves crafts.
Mom bought me a fun new hoodie and dress! Mary of MforMonkey made the awesome hoodie and Claudia of Le Petit Boutique made the fantastic dress.
Do you see the little cupcakes on my hoodie and the little trees on my dress? It's just too fabulous for words.
We're going to put the hoodie away for now since it is hot as balls in Atlanta, but I'll be sporting it all winter long!
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Long Live the King
Posted by
Molli
at
11:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my golly!
My mom and I were just talking the other day about how fun a trip to Graceland would be! Lucky girls! Can't wait to see photos!
P.S. I Love Elvis!
Ooo the plans look neat!
My mom's Aunt Linda is realy into Elvis I hear so it will be cool to see what you guys do this Fall!
It sounds like Atlanta has a cooler craft scene than Phoenix, hopefully the that gets better.
-Gracie
Molli,
I think I just might know what the big secret is. Don't worry, I wont tell!!
XOXO,
Tory
Hmmm...Elvis! My dad loves Elvis and he used to listen his music all the time!
Steve and I used to go to a restaurant called "Elvis" in Japan...The owners loved Elvis and they go to Graceland every year...and they wanted their daughter to marry Steve...weird, huh!
I can't wait to see your big secret!!!
Mommy definitely wants to go to Graceland someday! Elvis was such a superstar in her eyes.
Japan has all the most interesting restaurants and stores! An Elvis restaurant...
I hope that mom is able to pull off our big surprise! We will do our best. If it works, it will be so much fun!
Post a Comment