Sunday, May 20, 2007

Let's Go Antiquing!

Mom and I went to Lakewood 400 with Maita and Sarah today. She really likes to hang out with them. Mom and dad both think they're really nice - and fun too. I liked them too. They were really nice to me.

Mom seemed to have a lot to talk to them about today. Mom sure does talk a lot. Sometimes she just goes on and on about stuff.

Mom made me a new dress last night and I wore it all day today. It took her 2 hours because she's a really bad sewer, but I give her an A for effort! She used some of her favorite Heather Bailey Freshcut fabric to make it.

There were lots of great things at Lakewood. I especially liked the couch that Maita bought. It's very cute and orange. I like orange. Mom and dad like orange too. Yay, Maita!

While we were there, mom also found a terrific ribbon store. The store owner is so nice that mom and I think everyone should go visit the store.

All the ribbons are so pretty. Mom bought some hand-dyed silk ribbon, rick rack, and velvet ribbon. I'm especially excited because I know that they will end up on a dress or headband for me. I can't wait!

As we were leaving, mom picked up some lemons and sweet potatoes at the produce stand. I wonder what she will make with them. They look fresh, so I'm sure it will taste great!

Mom also bought an apron with a kitten embroidered on it. The lady that sold it to her made it herself. She was so nice to show us how to do a French knot.

What a great day. If only every day could be this much fun!

No comments: