Monday, March 3, 2008

Hallelujah! It's Raining Blythe!

It's raining Blythe!
Hallelujah!
It's raining Blythe!

What a weekend! Mom had four days of non-stop Blythe fun. Lucky lucky mommy!

First, I gotta make sure I get to Loovee's and Sam's tags. We've been tagged for 7 random facts. Hmm... Where to start?
  1. We loooooove cupcakes in any size and any flavor.
  2. Butterbear was sent to us from our sweet friends Rima and Loovee and he is my best friend in the whole wide world.
  3. I have stinky feet. I like to take my shoes off and share it with my sisters.
  4. Boogers get stuck on my face.
  5. Stairs are NOT my friends. I fall up them, down them, and all around them.
  6. I only like books with pictures.
  7. Aaaaaaand... New Girl whispered to me that her name is actually RAMONA!!!
Since we wouldn't know who else to tag, we'll stop the train here. Sorry, guys! Let me know, though, if you'd like to be tagged for 7 Random Facts! Hee hee. * grin *

Last Wednesday, mom finished up the last of her midterms and she was pretty glad to have a week to rest. So she took Thursday and Friday off from work to refresh and unwind with us. It's been so much fun that it's practically been a blur.

Day 1 - Thursday

On Thursday, mom had lunch at Zyka. Zelda and I didn't get to go. We were in time out for getting in a food fight.

She met up with Mr. W, a good friend from her days at a previous job. Mr. W was such a good sport to take a picture with Ramona!

Mr. W's face is actually in the real picture, but mom thought it would be best to protect the innocent from the interwebs.


And then the Blythe Marathon began!

Day 2 - Friday

Mom picked up Becca. Again, Zelda and I were in time out. This time it was over some silly fight involving hair and gum. Sheesh! So Ramona went and met Gracie.

They went to Intown Quilters to look at fabric. Lots and lots of fabric... And, of course, more of it came home with mom.



Ramona liked that Gracie would play peek-a-boo with her.



And then they went to Knitch, the best yarn store in Atlanta.

Look at this guy go! He knits better than mommy.







And, of course, no day is complete without cupcakes! Mommy and Becca stopped by the Atlanta Cupcake Factory to pick up cupcakes for dinner - I mean, dessert. Yummy!



Finally, everyone came home and Zelda and I got to meet the whole crew - Gracie, Bobbie, Nora, and Nobby.


Poor Bobbie was still doped up from her cold medicine.



Day 3 - Saturday

Saturday was the day of the Atlanta Spring Blythe Meet and... Wow! Dollies!!!!!! 32 dollies, in fact!


This is the most dollies so far and we hope we can keep growing the group! That shall be mommy's goal for 2008. I will have a performance review with her at the end of the year to make sure she meets my expectations.




We met some new folks this time, including the sweet Memeeps and Lawdeda's mom! We love dolly people and it was so awesome to meet them.

At first, there was a lot of napping going on... Nobody was able to really sleep, though, because of all the excitement.





But Gracie and I decided that we couldn't miss out on all the fun and we promptly got up!


Everyone else started waking up too. No, it wasn't my snoring that woke everyone up. Really, they wanted to get up!









Mom was even nice enough to buy us our own cupcakes from Sweet Pockets. For once, I didn't have to share with anyone. I got one all to myself! Wahoo!!!




When we ventured outside a bit, we found a nifty, shiny, red fire truck. Rad. It would be perfect for a Blythe parade, really. And we could've formed one had we some floats and candy to throw at all the nice people that were curious about us. Everyone at Irwin Street Market (workers and customers alike) asked about us. Yep, we're already on our way to stardom like Blythes are in Japan!


Mom let me drive, of course... Aesop and Kaede were passengers and Nora was the beauty queen.



Kaede, Aesop, and Nora hung on for dear life while the others just looked on. I'm not a very good driver, you see. Dad says I have what they call a lead foot - just like mom.





After Zelda felt queasy just from watching me drive the fire truck, mommy took everyone home.


The day didn't end there. Nope - the Blythe-iness carried on until late in the evening. Mom, Jessica, Auntie M, and Becca talked dollies for hours!








By the end of the day, we were exhausted but it was the fun kind of exhaustion. After all there was one MORE day ahead of us!

Day 4 - Sunday

On our last day, we went to the Atlanta Botanical Garden.

The current exhibit is inspired by Gracie. Really, it is! Gargoyles and Grace. Yup.










As you can see, we posed for lots of pictures together. Moms are like that.

Ramona, being the new girl, didn't quite understand how you're supposed to sit for pictures. Here she is blocking Zeldy--pants. Thank goodness Nora let her know that you're supposed to sit next to each other and not in front of each other for pictures (unless your name is Molli and rules just don't apply).




Mom also gave Zeldy lots of attention because flowers seemed to go with her princess-like looks.









And, of course, Ramona snuck in for another picture too.



Thank you so much, Becca, for visiting! You're so awesome and we're so happy that you and the girls are our friends. We had such a great time together and hope that you had a wonderful time as well. The Atlanta crew loves you guys! (And we have to thank you for all the awesome outfits and gifts. We'll be sure to post something soon with more a more detailed thank you.)

That about wraps up the Weekend O' Blythe! Have a wonderful week everyone!

8 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Oh wow, so many dollies! I love all the pictures!

And the weird knitting bird thing!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun!

Those photos of all the dollies together are pure eye-candy! Yay, Blythe!

Gina M Smith said...

Oh wow- that is just so wonderful-so much fun, so many dolls, Becca, new girl's name, cupcakes, everything! I wish I could have been conferenced called in on the late night chat. And, really, I have never seen a dolly with so much personality as Molli. It's the face, I guess. She looks uber-knowledgeable with her black glasses.

PS- Thanks for the Flickr comments.

Gina

Anonymous said...

Omigoodness! Such cuteness in huge numbers!

Great photos, too!

willynillywaterlily said...

Aloha Linda!

Oh, I just loved looking at all those incredible photos of the Blythe meet! I've never seen so many beautiful Blythes all at once. It looks like you and your girls had an incredible time. Thank you for posting so many lovely photos so the rest of us can share in the adventures.

Loovee sends lots of love to your girls, and a big welcome to Ramona!

--Rima,Loovee & Gachapin

Anonymous said...

Hiya Molli!

We had a super-duper fun time in Atlanta! My sisters and I agree that the weekend was totally worth the boring week in the hotel while mommy went to 'training'. The meet was a lot of fun too, golly I've never met so many other dolls, it was awesome. Mom keeps whining about corn pups. Sheesh humans sure are a lot put up with.

Mom is going to see about taking us to the Phoenix Botanical Garden sometime and see if it any good. Woo!

Have fun!!
Gracie

Megumi said...

Hi Linda!

It was so nice to meet all of those Blythe ladies!! It was so much fun!!
Thanks for organizing the meet(^-^)!!

See you soon!
Megumi

Unknown said...

WOWEEEEE! I wish I was there to meet all the lovely dollies. You guys took some awesome group shops of the Blythes! I love the floral shots. Isn't it fun watching other people's reactions to all the dolls? Thanks for sharing the pix of your fun get-together! Sandy:)