Saturday, October 6, 2007

...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead

"They move. They breathe. They suck."

- Army of Darkness

Today was an incredible zombie-filled day of ghoulish fun at the 3rd Atlanta Blythe Meet. It was the largest meet yet with 11 people!

We started out at Ria's Bluebird and had lunch together. Everyone spent lots of time eating, talking, and having a good time on the patio together. Mom had the Bionic Breakfast and a biscuit. Auntie M had the Early Bird. We love Ria's!

After that, everyone headed over to the Oakland Cemetery, where we ran into an army of zombies!!! Boy - Atlanta's got some major growing pains. City image issues, poor infrastructure, unethical government workers, ZOMBIES... What next?



Well, since Zelda and I are total scaredy-cats, we hid in mom's bag until the zombies were gone. After they cleared out, we found a spot to hang out and primp for the day's activities.

Kristen organized the most fabulous costume contest. It was a total blast!

Here is everyone, striking their best poses.



Here are Zelda and I with our best buds/cousins Emma, Kaede, Sakurako, and Tory!


Here are some of Arielle's, Sarah's, and Pam's girls. They were wearing such fantastic costumes. We love how detailed they were. White rabbit Yuki's pocket watch, Goldilocks Eloise's wooden shoes and spoon... Simply amazing!


Here are Maddie, Summer, and Emma looking totally dreamy. They're such little ladies (even when wearing monkey suits).


Here is Jem... Uh, I mean Lola... She's Lauren's first girl and is our new friend. She was lost in thought and didn't notice the big ol' spider on her head. Eeek!


Zelda hung out with Tory lots today so they could catch up on the latest fashion trends and news. They're such fashionistas. Tory looked absolutely FABULOUS in her costume. She was the belle of the ball!


Pam dressed her girls as Goldilocks and the 3 bears. So genius! We weren't able to catch pictures of the 3 bears, though. They must have been off inspecting their beds and porridge.

Sarah brought her cute little Kamars, so they joined in the party too.



I was so lucky to place 2nd in the costume contest. Here are the winners:
  1. Tory as a flapper girl
  2. Me as Elvis
  3. Yuki as the Alice in Wonderland white rabbit

I'd like to thank Stephanie of SpunkyJunk for my great Elvis sunglasses!


After the Blythe meet, we all went to check out the apartment that Maita, Pili, and Nichole worked on for the interior design contest.

It is beautiful! They did such a wonderful job. If Zelda and my apartment were that pretty, we would be in heaven!

They chose so many wonderful things and put them together in such modern yet warm, pretty yet sensible, simply amazing ways.

We want to send them hugs of appreciation for choosing to showcase local art as well in the apartment. Alongside the Saarinen Tulip Table and Starck Louis Ghost Chair, Auntie M's donuts and mom's jewelry were used as accents.







Maita - would you be our interior designer, pretty please??? We can pay you in cupcakes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zombies!! Whatever you do don't go lock yourself in a mall...I hear that always turns out bad.

Oh my Molli what a great costume! Bobbie and I figured you were up to something from an earlier blog entry but your costume was way cool! Congrats on the award! What fund to hang out with so many other girls.

Mom is drooling over the apartment Maita designed. Neat that your mom's pretty jewelry was used. My mom is trying to bribe me and Bobbie with cookies to clean the house and make it pretty. Pppptt that is what cats are for.

Hugs,
Gracie

Megumi said...

Hi Molli!! It was really fun to hang out with all of those pretty girl at the meet!! Your Elvis costume was perfect!!

...I'm so sorry that I dropped you on the floor...(>-<)!!! I hope you don't have any bumps on your head...

Okay...Off on a road trip with girls( and a guy....he he!)!! See you guys at the Candler Park this weekend!!

M(^-^)!

Molli said...

Hi Gracie!

Thanks for the zombie-avoidance tips! I need all the help I can get for staying away from zombies! They're creepy...

Your mom sounds like mine. Cute girls like us should be having fun, not cleaning!

Hi Auntie M!

Don't worry - I have a really tough noggin. :) And mom says I'm a little brain-damaged to begin with anyway. Bububububu... :P

See you this weekend at Candler Park!